At Truck-Lite Europe we are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and never misused.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about any aspect of this policy or how Truck-Lite Europe handles your information please email our GDPR@truck-lite.eu.com
Privacy policies can be complicated. We have tried to make ours as clear and as accessible as possible. To help, we have also summarised how we handle your personal information at Truck-Lite Europe in our privacy principles below. These principles demonstrate our commitment to protecting your privacy and handling your personal information in the right way and as you would expect it to be handled.
At Truck-Lite Europe we:
- Will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to provide and improve the service, products and experiences our customers expect.
- Give you control over the personal information we hold about you to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences.
- Make sure your personal information is always secure and protected.
- Are fair and transparent about how we use the personal information we hold.
- Only ever use your personal information for the purpose that you trusted us to use it for.
- Respect your choices and will inform you if there are important changes that affect your personal information or how we use it.
- Take responsibility for the personal information that we hold about you.
What personal information do we collect?
We are not interested in collecting every personal detail about you. Our main reason for collecting your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you and our customers expect from us.
Personal information is defined slightly differently across the world. To guarantee your privacy and the protection of your information, we define it as any information that could be used to identify you or another individual.
We collect personal information from you in a number of different ways; you may share that information with us, or we may collect it using other means. In this section, we explain the different ways we collect personal information from you and some ways in which that information will be used. For more detail on how we use your personal information, please see the section titled "How do we use your personal information?".
Information you share with us
We collect personal information that you share with us when you contact us or interact with us through our website, email, phone or otherwise. You can decide not to provide certain information, or ask that any information you have previously shared is removed. If you do so, you may not be able to take full advantage of our products, technology and service.
For example, you may provide information to us when you contact our customer service teams, place an order, register your warranty, complete a survey, competition or questionnaire and update your preferences and account information. Through these interactions you may share with us: your name, address, e-mail address, contact number and payment information.
Information from your online interactions
We collect and handle information from all visitors to our websites, whether you actively provide us with that information or merely browse our websites. The information we collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our websites. We use this information so that we can see how long our websites take to load, how they are used, the number of visitors to the different sections of our websites, and what information visitors look at most.
We also collect and handle information about how you engage with our promotional campaigns and advertising online, outside of our own websites (for example, on Google, YouTube [or on social media]).
When you use our website we may also use information collected by cookies. "Cookies" are small text files that websites save onto your device via your web browser. They’ve been around since the mid-1990’s and are one of the most widely used technologies on the internet.
Some cookies that we use at Truck-Lite Europe will collect personal information about you. Any personal information that is collected will be used in accordance with this priacy policy. By continuing to use our websites, you accept that cookies may be set on your device.
As a user of our products or services, we will send you support communications by e-mail. As long as you are happy for us to do so, we would also like to keep you posted on anything that's happening at Truck-Lite Europe which we think you might like to know about; whether it’s our latest product announcements, owner offers or upcoming events, we want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us. You can find out how to update or change whether you would like to hear from us, or stop us contacting you, in the section below titled ‘How can you change the way that we contact you?'
We collect information about how you engage with our e-mails; including whether they are delivered to you, whether you open them, whether you choose to learn more about what's happening at Truck-Lite Europe (for example, by clicking on a link in our e-mail) and if you ask us not to contact you anymore (by clicking on the unsubscribe option included in all our e-mail correspondence).
We use that information by itself and in combination with our customer record (the information you share with us) to make sure that we stop sending you support or marketing communications when you ask us to. We also use it to make our e-mails as interesting as possible by providing you with content and experiences that we think you may be interested in based on how you have engaged with our previous e-mails; you have the right to object to our use of your information for this purpose (see the section below titled 'Your controls and choices').
We love interacting with you on social media. You may use social media to contact us about your Truck-Lite Europe products, or to let people know what you think about your Truck-Lite Europe product. We review publically available social media and online sites to get a better understanding of what people are saying about us, and our products, technology and services and to assist consumers who prefer to contact us through social media.
The information we collect from social media and online sites sometimes includes personal information that has been put online and is publically available. We make sure any information we use is properly credited to its source or is made anonymous.
These online and social media sites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these sites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
How do we use your personal information?
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you expect from us.
Information you share with us
We use the personal information you share with us in the following ways:
- To respond to your queries and requests;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide services and support for our products;
- For customer satisfaction surveys and to allow us to improve your experience should you need support from one of our experts;
- To provide updates to you about any changes to Truck-Lite Europe’s policies, terms and conditions and any other matters which we may need to tell you;
- As long as you are happy for us to do so, to tell you about our other products and services;
- To provide you with essential service updates about your Truck-Lite Europe products;
- To customise and improve the way that you shop with us in the future; for example, by showing you products and offers that we think you might like, both on our websites and on certain third party websites (including on social media platforms).
Other potential uses of your personal information
We also use your personal information:
- To assist in any disputes, claims or investigations relating to your Truck-Lite Europe product or warranty matters;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
Truck-Lite Europe contact promise
We love to keep you posted, whether it’s on our latest product announcements, owner offers, opportunities to test new Truck-Lite Europe products, or upcoming events.
We may do this in various ways, including e-mail, post, SMS, via social media platforms and by phone, but only if you are happy for us to do so.
Ultimately, we want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us.
We therefore promise to:
- Only send you marketing communications when you have told us it is ok to do so;
- Only allow another Truck-Lite Europe Group company to send you marketing communications if you have told us it is ok to do so;
- Never pass your personal information to anyone outside the Truck-Lite Europe Group for them to use for their own marketing purposes; and
- Give you the option to stop receiving support or marketing communications at any time.
Truck-Lite Europe owner support
From time-to-time, we may use your personal information to help you with the Truck-Lite Europe products you own. We do this in various ways, including e-mail, post, SMS, phone and in-app notifications.
As a user of our products or services, we will send you the following support communications:
- Helpful information about your Truck-Lite Europe product or the Truck-Lite Europe service you use;
- Reminders about how to carry out maintenance on your Truck-Lite Europe product for optimal performance;
- Alerts for recommended software updates or upgrades that may improve the performance of your product;
- Information about how and where to get help from Truck-Lite Europe experts should you need support;
- Information about your Truck-Lite Europe warranty;
- Alerts regarding any important product safety or recall announcements; and
- Requests for your feedback on how we perform after you have used a Truck-Lite Europe product or service.
We will send you support communications unless you change your preferences, or tell us that you want to stop receiving support communications from us. Please see the section below for more information about how to do this.
If your details change, please let us know so that we can continue to stay in touch.
How can you change the way that we contact you about our products, services and support?
We will only send you marketing communications when you have told us that you are happy for us to do so.
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways;
Opt-In/Start Contacting Me
If you hadn’t previously asked us to send you marketing communications, you can ask us to start contacting you (sometimes called an "opt-in") by: - Contacting Truck-Lite Europe customer service and stating that you would like to receive communications from us. The contact email is GDPR@truck-lite.eu.com.
Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you ("opted-in") but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by: - Contacting Truck-Lite Europe customer service and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you. The contact email is GDPR@truck-lite.eu.com.
Opt-Out/Stop Contacting Me;
If you want to stop receiving marketing or support communications from us (sometimes called "opting out"), you can do so at any time by: - Contacting Truck-Lite Europe customer service stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications. The contact email is GDPR@truck-lite.eu.com
What personal information does Truck-Lite Europe share with third parties?
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
- Other Truck-Lite Europe Group companies which may be located outside of your country of residence;
- Our distributors, who help us to sell our products in certain countries;
- Those helping us to deliver products to you;
- Third parties that help us with mailing services, product services and repairs, processing product purchases, financial services, audit services, administrative services, IT technologies (e.g. data storage), security services and insurance claims;
- Third parties that help us to provide services and responses to you;
- Third parties that assist us with our marketing, helping us to understand how well our online advertising works, to reach people who are more interested in Truck-Lite Europe products, by setting cookies on our websites (more information on this can be found in our cookies policy cookies policy; and
- Social media platforms who serve our advertising on their platforms on our behalf (and who we may securely share your personal information with in order to serve this advertising to both you and/or others).
We may provide links to other websites which are not operated and controlled by Truck-Lite Europe.
We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of those sites or how the third parties responsible for them collect and use your personal information. We do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites.
Third party websites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these websites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Your controls and choices
We give you control over the personal information we collect about you, to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences. For more information on how to change the way that we contact you, see the section above titled 'How can you change the way that we contact you about our products, services and support?'. You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. If the law in your country allows us to impose a fee for giving you access, we will communicate this to you in response to your request.
In certain circumstances, you can also:
- object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes;
- ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information;
- ask us to remove or delete personal information about you; or
- provide your personal information to a third party provider of services.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please e-mail GDPR@truck-lite.eu.com.
How do we protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly. We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled. We also ensure that our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information. Our procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you.
In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
Data transfers, storage and the global handling of your personal information
Truck-Lite Europe Ltd. is headquartered in the United Kingdom (UK).
We collect personal information in the country in which you live. We then host and store that information in the European Economic Area (EEA). Those third parties that we share your personal information with may handle or transfer your personal information outside of the UK, and outside of the EEA, to other countries in which they have facilities.
By submitting your personal information to us, and by using our websites, apps or connected products, you agree to us transferring, storing and handling your personal information in this way.
Truck-Lite Europe's websites and products are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
If you are a child, please do not attempt to become a registered user of our websites, apps or products or otherwise provide us with any personal information. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal information from a child, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
If you are aware of a child who has provided their personal information to us, please contact us at GDPR@truck-lite.eu.com
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, or would like to make a complaint about how we use the personal information we hold about you, please email our Privacy Team.
If, after speaking to us, you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the relevant regulator or authority in your country that is responsible for handling complaints about the use of personal information.
You can contact us at GDPR@truck-lite.eu.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.